Zugriffsrechte erwerben. Einloggen
PCS – Politics, Culture and Socialization 2-2010
Diese Publikation zitieren
PCS – Politics, Culture and Socialization 2-2010 (2010), Verlag Barbara Budrich, 51379 Leverkusen, ISSN: 1866-3427, 2010 #2,
Beschreibung / Abstract
PCS – Politics, Culture and Socialization publishes new and significant work in all areas of political socialization in order to achieve a better scientific understanding of the origins of political behaviors and orientations of individuals and groups. Political socialization theory and research focus on processes by and structures through which individuals become or do not become politically active and acquire or do not acquire general political knowledge, and particular political beliefs, opinions, attitudes, emotions, values and behavioral intentions. The focus of attention is on political socialization processes – including political education, information, persuasion, marketing, or propaganda and their underlying and accompanying motivations - and political socialization structures – including the family, school, mass media, peer groups, social networks, and politics.
- Westrheim: Choosing the Mountains: The PKK as alternative knowledge and identity project
- Børhaug: Making Sense of Political Participation
- Koch/Zeddy: The Rise and Fall of the “Private” as Part of Western Political Socialization
- Barrault: Public Action and Political Socialization. The Parents faced with the Educational Policy in France
- De Vries/De Landtsheer/Heirman/Boudiny: The Ideal Mayor Seen Through The Eyes Of Children
- Book Reviews
- German: Democracy and Development in a Globalized World (2008). Several authors. Stockholm, Sweden: International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance. ISBN 978-91-85724-58-1.
- De Landtsheer: Stereotypes and Prejudice in Conflict Representations of Arabs in Israeli Jewish Society. (2005). By Daniel Bar-Tal and Yona Teichman. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK. ISBN 0521 80797 Hardback, Tables, Frawings, Figures. 483 pp.
- Farnen: Birding & Mysticism: Enlightenment Through Bird Watching (two vols.). (2009). By George E. Lowe. Xlibris, $34.99.
- Conference section